Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 20, 2014
   Well, this week I don't have quite as exciting stories as usual.  Which I guess isn't a bad thing right.  This week was honestly a little slow.  Not too many lessons, mainly because we had Sisters Conference on Tuesday and Zone Meeting on Thursday.  And since we have to travel almost 2 hours to get there and the meeting always last until later in the day, it takes up most of our time.  But Sisters Conf. was great!  I love all of the sisters in this mission and I learned a lot about things that I need some help with.  And Zone Meeting was just as good.  
    On Tuesday we had a lesson with one of our investigators, Yessenia.  She is completely amazing and has such a special spirit about her.  She is also very patient with my spanish and I truly feel kindness from her.  She is so ready for baptism and I am excited for her.  We asked her to be baptized on Tuesday, I asked the question in Spanish, and she said she would love to!  She just wants to learn more.  So hopefully we can help her prepare and be ready for baptism soon.  She is also having a lot of problems with her thyroid.  She has a big lump on her throat and needs to get it checked out more.  It made me automatically think of Megan.  I just hope that she is okay and things will go good for her.
   We are also teaching a young family who I really love.  Daniel and Laura.  They are great and truly want to know the truth.  So far, I haven't seen a heart so sincere and wanting the truth.  It is great and each lesson goes way over time because they always have so many questions.  Especially Daniel.  He isn't searching for the truth as much as Laura, but he is very supportive and likes to learn.  Both Hna. Noffz and I know that they will get baptized one day.  I just hope that I am here to see it!
     We had some other lessons but this week we also did a lot of tracting.  On Saturday we spent three hours OYMing(Open Your Mouth, which is just talking to people on the streets) and knocking on doors.  Lets just say that is not my favorite thing to do yet haha.  But hopefully with time, I will be super enthusiastic about it.  But right now, for some weird reason, I am terrified to talk to people in spanish!  Yeah, it is pretty pathetic.  My poor comp.
     So far, my whole mission, I have dealt with the stress pretty well.  And believe me, it is stressful.  It is a lot harder then I ever thought it would be.  And I guess I just couldn't take it any more.  So I finally had a little breakdown and had to talk things through and get a hold of myself again.  Thank goodness for Hermana Noffz.  She has helped me so much and especially now.  I just feel bad that she has to deal with me and do a lot of the work lately because I don't speak spanish.  But after talking, making goals, and a lot of other really great things, I am still doing great.  I still have to work on a few things and find a little more faith, but I am learning so much and will only be stronger because of everything.   
     But everything I have learned in these 11 weeks have made my testimony grow so much more!  And it is amazing to witness in the lives of others the happiness that the gospel brings.  I truly love being here and wouldn't be anywhere else.  I love the people and I even love the struggle through spanish.  
     I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and know that this is the Lord's work.  And I am so priviledged and humbled to be here and having the opportunity to represent my Savior.  
I love you all!  THanks for the support and love!
Love, Hermana Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment