Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 19, 2014

Dear family!
   This week I do not have much time to write.  Things get a little crazy here in Denver.  But things are great.  We have finally built up our teaching pool and we have some really solid investigators.  I am very excited to see them grow and help them find the path to baptism, and ultimately Eternal happiness.  
   I forgot to mention that I went to the temple finally!!  I loved the Denver temple!  It felt so good to be inside again and truly leave the things of the world behind.  When a mission is full of stress it makes a huge difference to just feel complete peace and comfort for an hour or 2.  
    We were able to see so many miracles this week and truly feel the Lord's hand in our lives.  I have such a strong testimony that this is the Lord's work, not ours.  As long as we do the things we are asked to do, and work hard, the Lord will provide a way.  And everything that happens is for a purpose.  
   Oh, crazy story this week.  On Friday we went into a lesson with a couple and we also brought a member.  The member and this couple LOVE to talk.  So they went off immediately and we couldn't even get a word in.  And all of the sudden this man puts in this video about a man's testimony and faith.  It was a super ghetto video that looked like it was taped in the 1970's! The movie starts playing with Mexican Christian music and we see pictures of dead and diseased people.  I'm thinking, what is this...   Then this mexican man is up on the stage and turning all Evangelical on us.  Preaching like there is no tomorrow.  This man is a transvestite turned preacher.  He starts telling of his life as a tranny and showing pictures of his "former self."  It was the most awkward thing ever.  And we couldn't get a word in because the couple were so into it and talking.  and even the member we brought was mesmorized.  She moved her chair front and center to better see the tv.  There haven't been too many moments so far where I have been lost as of what to do.  But this was one of those moments for me.  And Sister Marley was just trying not to laugh out loud, because the night before we had a discussion about trannys haha and how could this be a coincidance.  But it got to the point where he was talking about STD's that I knew we had to be done.  So I grabbed Sis. Marley's wrist with her watch, very dramatically, and said, "we have another appointment and really don't have time, can I share a bible scripture before we leave?"  
   And that ended that.  Sis Marley thanked me after for saving the lesson, she had no idea what to do.  So now I know what the word for transvestite is in spanish.  It was one of the weirdest things that have happened to me haha especially with hispanics.  usually they stay away from that kind of stuff.  
  Next week I will have more stories of crazy things that happened and the miracles we have been seeing!  I love you all!!  Thanks for everything!  I love my mission so much and my testimony grows so much every single day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment