Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Age Change

  Hey Everyone, this is Andee!  A little over 6 months ago I made the decision to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  In the October 2012 General Conference President Monson made the announcement that the age for young women to serve a mission would be lowered to 19.  During the time, I was in Colorado hunting with my dad and didn't hear the news.  But believe me, I found out pretty soon.  Almost all of my aunts and friends had sent me "over-enthusiastic" messages about how excited they all were.  And all I could think was "crap, this screws up my 2- year plan"!  I mean, I already knew what I wanted to do in the next few years and now the First Presidency was making me think about a mission way before I thought I would ever have to!  How dare they!
   So I prayed to my Heavenly Father and received the answer that a mission was what I should do with my life.  Actually, it was what I NEEDED for my salvation!  How scary is that!!  So, after thinking and praying about it I realised what a huge blessing the age change truly was, I would have never gone on a mission at the age of 21!
  But I am so thankful for the opportunity to go on a mission!  And I know it is what I am meant to do in this lifetime.  And I am so excited to serve God and his children!!


No comments:

Post a Comment