Wednesday, April 2, 2014


March 31, 2014

         Well, this week was super hectic.  And this letter won't be too long, which I apologize for.  I don't have too much time today but still want to let you all know that I am alive and doing fabulous!! 
   Monday evening and all day Tuesday we did exchanges with the Sister Leader Trainers.  I honestly love them so much and it was great to learn how to be a better missionary.  I was with Sister Gibbons and she is awesome.  She is basically the spitting image of Belle from Beauty and the Beast and her voice is identical as well.  It was a little creepy haha.  But she is so real and I clicked with her really easy.  So I always love exchanges.  But this week was also a little rough.  This area is kicking my butt haha.  And Sister Flores' as well.  We had worked so hard to have appointments almost everysingle hour of every single day.  We set up times for members to come with us and everything.  But everything was falling through this week.  Oh man, it gives me a headache just thinking about it.  But we are working hard and praying hard with faith that we will see miracles happen in this area.  And then this weekend, for some odd reason, I went on exchanges again with Sister Dotto, who is the other Sister Leader Trainer.  But instead of staying in Eagle, I went to Glenwood springs.  I think this was a way to get me out of my area and allow me to have a breather.  The other sisters know how hard this area is(one of the hardest in the mission) and they didn't want me to get overwhelmed.  But it was honestly super needed.  So they were inspired by God.  I was able to talk to Sis. Dotto and also learn so many new things.  My favorite thing about my mission is the relationships that I am forming.  I have met some amazing people who care so much for me and we are able to support each other.  People who I will stay in touch with for the rest of my life.  Especially my companion, Sister Flores.  She is the kindest person I have ever met and so centered on Christ.  We have so much fun together and find ways to keep smiling even through the challenges here. 
   We have some amazing investigators who are progressing like crazy!  Yesenia is getting baptized this weekend and we are so excited!!  It will be the best day of my life!  Then a 21 yr old girl named Jeny is reading the book of Mormon and loves it.  We want to ask her to be baptized this week.  Israel and Fanny are still preparing for baptism, although it might take a little longer then we expected to get them there.  Are we have been finding so many new people to teach!!!  We have never had this many people.  So we truly are seeing so many miracles from God. 
   So while this week was hectic, it was good.  I was able to see God speak to me through other people.  And let me know how much I am loved by him.  Oh and Women's Conference was AMAZING!!  I learned so much and felt the spirit so strong.  I cannot wait for this weekend. 
   But I have such a strong testimony that we truly have a Father in Heaven who loves us so much!  More then we can ever comprehend.  As a missionary I have been able to feel a fragment of his love for the people here, and it has changed my life.  I will never doubt that he has a plan for me and will get me through any struggle and challenge. 
   I love everyone back home and have been able to feel so much support this week.  Never forget that you are always in my prayers. 
-Hermana Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment