Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 28, 2014

Well, my first week outside of Eagle had passed.  I'm not going to lie, I thought it would be horrible.  Saturday night when I got the news I was leaving I wanted to die.  Dramatic, I know.  Transfers are just part of the mission experience.  But I seriously, couldn't imagine leaving these people who I had grown to love so much.  Who had changed my life completely.  Monday packing was horrible.  Who knew that my 2 suitcases of stuff could spread so fast and get so lost.  But no worries, I survived with the majority of my things intact.  But saying goodbye on Monday night to certain people was really hard.  First we said goodbye to the Celaya family, who are my Colorado Hispanic Family.  But for real, we were over there for every single day throughout 2 months, to teach Cecilia and Alex.  But I know that I always have a place in their home to go and visit.  But it was very sweet when Alex just had to give me a hug.  I know it's against the rules to hug a 14 yr old boy, but there was no way I was going to push him away haha.  What kind of 14 yr old kid who tries to be cool wants to hug an awkward missionary??  That might have been my only chance ever!  I will miss Alex so much!  He is just like a little brother to me!
    And then we said goodbye to Yesenia and her daughter.  That was hard.  Yesenia cried and made me promise to write her as much as possible.  Then to call her every week when I get off my mission and visit her once a month haha.  I told her that is completely fine with me!  And that I would be back to visit her as soon as I got off my mission.  And then Yesenia's daughter wouldn't stop crying and gave me the biggest and longest hug.  She just thanked us so much for helping her mother.  That her life had been changed completely and she truly did love us.  I honestly had no idea that she loved us so much.  But she truly does.  That was a very special moment for me.  And I know that she will be baptized one day.  Hopefully the other sisters can help her realize she wants the gospel in her life.  
   Tuesday was fun to see all of the missionaries, but sad to say goodbye to some sisters who I had gotten really close with.  But it will be fine we will see each other pretty often probably.  Then we had the tear-jerking goodbye of Sister Flores and I.  I love that girl so much and we truly are sisters.  She helped me so much those 6 wks.  AND then I got to ride in a big white van through gorgeous scenic views until I got to my destination.
   Oh wait, I guess I completely forgot to say where I got transferred to.......(jk totally did it on purpose)  Drum Roll please.........I am in Denver!!  What?  I never thought that I would go to metro this soon.  I guess in my mind I thought I would always stay in the mountains.  But yes, I am in the city and am serving in the Denver South area.  For spanish missionaries there are only 2 areas in metro.  North and South.  And there is a set of Elders and a set of Sisters in both the north and the south areas.  So there are only 8 spanish missionaries for the city part that we cover in our mission. (Remember, there is also a Denver North Mission) So our area is huge!!!  Which I love!  That means there are so many people to talk to and unlike Eagle you can't run out!! For those people who know Denver, I cover most of the area south of Alameda st.  And we are also on Federal a lot. or sheriden.  well, I 'm not to sure, I need to be here longer.
   Literally, I am serving in mini mexico haha.  There are hispanics everywhere and mexican markets and little taco carts.  There is this awesome street that is so colorful and full of tons of murals.  We will be taking a lot of pictures there.  And some places are super ghetto. Which I love! haha.  Hispanic men always love to yell and whistle at the white girls.  Thank goodness we're missionaries! haha hope that doesn't freak mom out too much.  But some of the apartments we go to are pretty sketchy.  And I guess the week before My comp and her other comp got bedbugs from our investigator.  I just feel lucky that I came here during the process of killing them off.  Not when they were raging strong.  But it is really a different world then Eagle.
    But I love it so much!  ahh the feeling of being back in civilization! I thought I would miss Eagle a lot.  But I feel like I am supposed to be here so strongly and I have such a huge excitement to serve here.  I mean, I am so motivated to talk to everyone and to teach as many people as possible.  And I love our ward!  It is a hispanic ward and they are all so warm and welcoming.  Well, all hispanics are super warm and friendly.  But church was hilarious.  I guess you have to know hispanics to know what i'm talking about.  But it was just such a hispanic ward.  Just completely full of the culture and way that they are.  I loved it!  And I am excited to know more people.  
   My companion is Sister Marley, and she has been out for around 9 months I think...  She is awesome!  We have a lot of the same interests and same humor.  So we will have a very fun transfer full of funny quotes I believe.  And so far we work really good together.  But I am honestly so stoked to do the work here in Denver.  And the both of us together will be able to see a lot of miracles here.  I have met a few of our investigators and have loved them!  I can't wait to see them progress and help them as much as I can.  And I can't wait to meet everyone else.  
   My spanish has improved so much!  It is an actual language to me and God truly has blessed me with the gift of tongues in this new area.  I understand everything and can now have normal conversations with people.  I love it so much!  And it makes teaching so much better.  I can just talk to people and truly know what their needs are and be guided by the spirit what to say.
   Anyway, this was a long email and I really don't know what else to say.  But I am loving Denver so far and will only grow to love it more as time goes by.  In my mission my testimony has grown so much and I can truly say that I know this gospel is true.  Without a doubt in my heart.  And this gospel has brought me so much happiness.  And I love that I have the privledge to help others find this same happiness in their lives.  Thanks for all of the support and love I have back home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment