Tuesday, December 10, 2013


                                                December 10, 2013

Since I did not have time to write an group email last week I will be writing about 2 weeks today.  Ill let you know the week changes.  
So the week before was absolutely insane and went by so long.  I felt like it would never end.  Probably because I just kept getting sicker and sicker, I was not sure that I would ever make it out of the CCM alive.  I don´t even know what I had but it was horrible.  For over a week I could barely stand and walk, let alone actually study productively and learn in class.  It was a little rough and I admit that I kept asking God, "Why Now?!"  I need to be learning spanish not falling behind!  But I think I figured out why I had to be so sick last week.
   As I might have mentioned before, Hermana Heaton has been so so sick.  It is with something more permanent and she has had her entire life, but the pain and problems have just escalated since she has come to Mexico.  So I ended up staying with her a few times and trying to get some rest so I might get better.  But we ended up talking a lot more then sleeping haha.  We are so much alike and got into some serious conversation.  Now I feel like she knows me almost as good as anyone.  We both want to do the same things in life and both feel so strongly that we are meant to do something great together and change the world.  We have already planned our first trip together haha.  It is awesome she is right in St. George.  But anyway, after thinking about it, I really think this is why I have been so sick.  I would have never talked to her that much without being on my deathbed.  It was funny because we would look over at each other and just laugh, we were so pathetic looking.  
   The best part of my week was laying in the middle of the sidewalk enjoying the sun with Hna. Heaton.  I was so tired and I have never felt so happy in my entire life.  I did fall off a curb in my sleep and she talked about having cancer and making a wig out of her own hair, but it was a great hour.  
  Thanksgiving was pretty much the same as every day here.  But there was an amazing Thanksgiving meal during lunch!  It was actually a legitimate holiday meal!  No hotdogs involved.  And the pumpkin pie was divine.  I dont know if it was actually the food that was great or it was just something different.  And we had a Thanksgiving devotional that night which was great.  Hna. McRae and Moser were in the choir that night and all of the lights went off when they were singing haha!  We laughed so hard.  
   So you know how I mentioned that Hna. Heaton was so sick...well she ended up having to go home :(  She hasnt been able to get out of bed for a week and just really needed to return home for some medical tests.  So Sunday was a little rough.  We knew she was leaving and it was sad.  During sacrament we sang "God be with you till we meet again" (which is the CCM goodbye song here).  We sobbed throughout the whole song and I am pretty sure that we scared the new Hermanas who came.  But oh well.  
  But funny story, President Pratt (president of the CCM) has been talking with Heaton about her leaving but had missed 4 appointments with her.  He knew how long she had been sick and how bad she needed to go home but didn´t do anything about it for a whole week!  He kept putting it off and it was making us mad because we are the ones who would see her in so much pain.  So, after missing the meeting to plan her flight once again, I went up to Pres. Pratt sunday night, and told him exactly what I thought.  I was completely respectful of course, but let him know that he has to do something more to get Hna. Heaton home.  That he had no idea how bad it was and he needed to step up and get her a flight home.  haha needless to say, he doesn´t like me very much anymore.  
   Anyway, Monday we had to move to a new casa, we are becoming a Trio with Hermana Moser since Heaton was leaving.  McRazy and I were a little nervouse because there is a lot of drama involved around her.  So our new room is tiny!  and Me and McRae share a tiny closet, but esta bien.  Tuesday morning we had to wake up at 2 in the morning to bring Hna. Heaton to reception so she could fly home.  It was so sad but she was rushed onto a van so we really didn´t get to say goodbye :(.  Which is probably for the best.  We are all staying in touch throughout our mission anyway.  
Then pday happened.  It was a super boring day.  We took a nap, did laundrey, had a devotional.  nothing new.
Now onto this week!  (sorry this email is so long.  But once I get started writing I cant stop)
Once again, the days all blend together and I feel like nothing has happened this week.  We went to class, I got a tutor in spanish to hopefully learn a lot more.  Moser had a few breakdowns,  um what else....  Spanish is getting a little better but still so hard.  I just want to speak it so bad but cant.  We did have our best lesson ever the other day.  The spirit was truly there and we were able to teach clearly and get to know our investigator and his needs.  Our Trio has been doing a lot better then we first thought it would be.  We all get along really well and have fun together.
   Have I told you guys my jersey story?  well they sell really awesome Mexico soccer jerseys here at the tienda that you can get your name on, and McRazy and I instantely bought one.  THey take about a week to get here.  The first time they came, they got the entirely wrong size.  A womens small.  Baylee wouldnt have even fit into this size, the latinos are so short and tiny.  So we tried again, and I was so excited to finally get my jersey!  I knew that the joy I would feel from it would instantely heal me from my sickness.  It truly would.  But nay, it was not to be.  Once again they got the size wrong!  It was really frustrating!  We had been waiting almost 3 weeks.  Finally, last friday, we went again and although they got wrong sizes again, they were decent.  So we gave up and just took what we had.  They are fine and we are just excited to finally have them.  
     Another funny story, Hermana McRae had to use the restroom one day, so she goes in while Moser and I just wait out the door.  When all of a sudden we hear screaming, so of course as the good companion I am, I run into the restroom to see what is wrong.  I guess McRae accidently walked in on a small latino worker using the restroom.  So she just stood in the door way, screamed, then yelled "Lo siento! Lo siento!"  It was hilarious!  And then she just kept apologizing from the other stall over.  Oh my gosh, I could not breathe.  But the best part is when we were teaching our investigator the next day, and we saw the same women through the window while we were teaching.  She smiled so big and kept waving to McRae and laughing, It basically made my entire week.
   We got a new district in our zone and our Trio is the new Sister Missionary trainers for all 3 districts.  Which is kind of cool.  It is fun to get to know all of the Hermanas and help them out with whatever.  They all seem so much younger but are exactly the same age as us haha.  
  Now here is a slightly sad story about the new District.  The 2nd day they got here we decided to play Steal the flag with them, trying to be nice and all.  But not even a full minute into the game one of the elders fell and smashed his face into the concrete.  I guess he tripped on something...?  But he came up covered in blood and mission multiple teeth, it was pretty gruesome.  They rushed him to the hospital immediately.  He is going to need some plastic surgery and get new teeth but he is staying at the CCM.  It was just such a weird thing that happened and we all felt so bad.  But he is doing completely fine now, he just cant eat too much, which is hard for those elders.  
  Sunday was as amazing as ever.  The spirit was strong and we were able to watch a live Christmas devotional in the evening.  I can not believe that it is already that time of year.  I love it here.  The grounds are covered in flowers, there are trees, and there is a huge nativity by the comedor.  Plus, a lot of the houses behind us on the hill have put Christmas lights up!  It looks so cool!  Although, most flash different colors and it is a little disorienting.  I wouldnt be surprised if someone got a seizure from them one day.  
  And today is pday again!  We went to the temple this morning and it was so amazing!  The Mexico City temple is beyond gorgeous and I love the Celestial Room.  I just wish that everyone could go there someday.  It was sad to think that this might be the last time I ever get to go there.  I hope not.  But I went through in spanish again, and this time was a lot better.  The lady was so nice and I was able to understand almost everything she was saying.  Once I can finally speak spanish, I know I will love the language so much.  
   Todays letter was way long and way scatter-brained, lo siento.  It is hard to put your thoughts done correctly when you are short on time and want to include everything.  But I want everyone to know that I have a huge testimony of this gospel, and how much it truly blesses my life.  It has honestly become everything to me and all I want to do is share this happiness with the world.  I love everyone so much and am so thankful for the support and love I feel every single day!
Love You all!
Love,
  Hermana Adair
p.s. I cant believe I leaving on MONDAY!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment