Thursday, December 18, 2014

November 17
      Well, this was the week of hell.  That is if hell was freezing cold!!!  Man, last week was in the 70's and then mother nature had no mercy on us when the next day was in the 20's and then the next 2 days were below 0' the entire day!  It was insane!  And really really REALLY rough haha.  
   But I will start on Monday, the first real day of snow.  We had no idea it was going to be so cold so fast, we missionaries are in a bubble, but it was completely fine because Nayeli and her friend Noel ended up taking us to the Downtown Denver Aquarium!  I have been dying for 7 months to go there and finally did!  It was a lot of fun and we took a ton of crazy pictures.  It was the perfect activity for a snowy day.  Plus it was with Nayeli!  And this was the day that she realized she was a mormon now and she got so excited haha!  It was so hilarious and cute!
   Wednesday was our Sister's Conference, which was really good and inspired.  It felt like everyone that was said was tailored to my needs.  And then we went on exchanges.  I went into an english area for the day, ggrrrr, and Sister Stoeltzing stayed in our area.  The other area didn't have any lessons planned so we ended up tracting most of the day in the freezing cold.  It was a little rough but not too bad.  Once I get out and start working then I tend to forget how cold I am.  And this winter will not be half as bad as it was in Eagle.  Eagle was insanely cold, and we white washed the area so it was mainly tracting for the first 4 weeks haha!  Good memories!!  
  Thursday was our last District meeting of the transfer, it is always hard when our district gets split up.  We truly are like a family here.  Friday we had a temple tour with Ginette and it was INCREDIBLE!!!  She felt the spirit so strong and asked so many deep questions!  She is so excited to get baptized on the 30th and I can not wait for her!  She is one of those Miracle people we find where you meet them and a month later they are baptized!  And I know WITHOUT A DOUBT that she will stay converted for the rest of her life!  I am so lucky to be a part of her life.  Ginette went to church this weekend as well and loved it!  And she came to one of our ward baptisms and it only made her even more excited for her own baptism.  She is just perfect!
   And then we are teaching a family who are adorable.  It is a single mom, Araclei, and her 2 kids, Sandra and Miguel.  They are so cute and warm towards us and the mom and son came to church yesterday and loved it!  We are hoping that they can be close to baptism by the end of this next transfer.  And we have another family who are part members and then the rest are not and they are kind of like our family here as well.  We want them all to be baptized by christmas!!!  The holiday season is a time for miracles!  So we are super excited to see them!  
    Well, today is my last day with Sister Stoeltzing and I am a little sad about it. :(  She is heading off to California Wednesday morning and I will miss her.  We have had a lot of fun together and have seen some amazing miracles.  But alas, her time is up.  I would probably be a little sadder but it hasn't really set in yet because this transfer has gone by so fast.  And plus, I am kind of used to losing my companions really fast.  The only companion I have had for more then 1 transfer was my first.  But I am grateful because I have met some amazing people!   
    And drumroll please................... I will be staying in Denver this transfer!!  Man, I have been here forever!  I honestly thought I was going to die if I stayed in an area this long.  But last night at our ward baptism we were singing the closing hymn and I just looked around at the packed room of members.  And that was when I realized that this ward holds my heart  and that they are my family.  I was so thankful to have another 6 weeks to spend with them and to serve them as much as I can before I have to leave.  When it is my time to go I will miss this crazy and insane hispanic ward.  Nothing else is like it haha.   And also for transfer news, it turns out that I will be training a brand new missionary!  She is the only spanish missionary coming this transfer and she will be fresh out of the Mexico MTC.  I am excited to meet her tomorrow and just pray that I can help her have an amazing beginning to her mission.  Really, these first 2 transfers can change the entire experience of a mission.  And I am a little scared haha.  But all will be well, I trust in God and his promises!
   Well, I love you all and am so thankful for the support that I have back home!  Never forget how lucky we are to have this gospel and never forget that sharing this gospel is the most important thing we could ever do!  
   Con amor,
  La Hermana Adair



No comments:

Post a Comment