Thursday, December 18, 2014


Dear Family!
This week was insane and one of the longest weeks of my life.  It is so weird to have a new companion again.  And I miss Sister Tew to death.  BUT Sister Torres is amazing!  She is from Aurora Colorado and originally got called to Virginia on her mission, but was changed to Denver because of medical reasons.  She is a native spanish speaker and is an incredible missionary.  She is basically training me haha.  I am excited to be working with her.
   This week was super rough because first, I was sick.  Not fun to be sick as a missionary.  And it has been raining all week, which does not help my sickness.  And almost every single person we were teaching has dropped us.  So it has been a rough run with a lot of tracting and a lot of prayers.  This week we are hoping to find some golden people to teach and who are ready for this gospel!  A lot of faith will be needed but I know that this is the Lord's work not mine.  And he loves his children enough to help us find them so that they can return to live with him.  
  Sad story of the week.  Clara is not married and is now going to another church with her husband Rodrigo.  He says he would go with her to that church but refuses to go to ours.  She doesn't know what to do because this is a step up for him.  And she doesn't have the courage to tell him that she knows the truth.  We are still trying to help her tell him that she knows what she needs to do and doesn't care.  But it is hard.  She might be falling off the map soon.  Things like this break my heart.  Clara has such a strong testimony and is so prepared.  When things like this happen it is hard to remember all of the good moments.  But my heart feels like its been shattered into thousands of pieces.  Which makes it hard for us as missionaries to find the hope and faith to believe in success and do the things that the Lord needs us to do.  But the only thing is to continue on and hold strong to the faith that we already have.  But we are ready for some miracles here in this area.  It is about time they come!!!
  But no matter what happens I know that the Lord will always stay true to his word and his promises.  I know that the light is just around the corner and me and Sister Torres are ready to work hard and see some success!!  I love my mission more than anything and I have grown so much in just a few short months!!!
   I love you all and am so thankful for the support I have back home!
Con amor,
   Hermana Adair





us playing dress up in nordstroms haha such a fun day!



No comments:

Post a Comment